Mirror in the rush (after love)

Weekend Writing Warriors

Every Sunday, a group of us sign up at the Weekend Writing Warriors blog and post a snippet of a work in progress or poetry. I will be using this platform to share another side of my writing – my poetry. I will also be sharing some of my photography and other people’s artworks. Link to Weekend Writing Warriors: http://www.wewriwa.com/ and read and connect with an excellent and diverse group of writers. Here’s my contribution for the week:

White forest by Jan achata

White forest by Jan achata

“Mountains climb up through the pines and clouds.
A nostalgic blue hangs in the air.
Blunt rocks and sharp peaks whisper silent words on icy winds.
But the lakes and grass remain unmoved.
A mirror in the rush.
But the lakes and grass will be long gone before this story is done.
Push your ear deep into the ground.
Cover yourself in dirt and stories, and they will lift you up.
Don’t be that mirror in the rush.”

© Catherine Winther

IMG_4123

18 Comments

1. The whole poem is beautiful…but the last three lines seduce you…..<3

Liked by 1 person

2. Elsa Holland says:

So evocative! I love how your words paint pictures and feeling on so many levels. Very beautiful ❤

Liked by 1 person

3. burnsmillie says:

The opening drew me in…such evocative imagery.

4. Love the last few lines. Very evocative. 🙂

5. So haunting and lovely. The first few lines really captured what I love about mountains and the air around them.

6. Alexis Duran says:

So intensely visual and eerie in a way. I really love your work, Catherine.

Liked by 1 person

7. Cara Bristol says:

Blunt rocks and sharp peaks whisper silent words on icy winds. — That’s my favorite line of the poem.

Liked by 1 person

8. I’m with Cara, that was my favorite line too, but the entire poem is wonderful, meant to be reread and savored. Thank you for sharing!

Liked by 1 person

9. Love the closing here, so sexy. You have a way with words. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

10. yhosby says:

I loved the imagery in your poem.

Keep smiling,
    Yawatta

Liked by 1 person

11. talesbytink says:

‘Push your ear deep into the ground.
    Cover yourself in dirt and stories,
    and they will lift you up.’

This is magic.
    I really loved your post on Leonard Cohen and marrying fire by the way, especially your realisations as a young girl, very inspiring – I couldn’t work out where to put a comment though.
    Thanks for swinging by my way and sharing my humble thoughts.

Leave a reply and let's open up a discussion.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s