Weekend Writing Warriors 29/11/2014: Snippet from Rain

Weekend Writing Warriors 29/11/2014

Every Sunday, a group of us sign up at the Weekend Writing Warriors blog and post a snippet of a work in progress or poetry. I will be using this platform to start sharing snippets from my upcoming novel ‘Rain’. I will also be sharing some of my photography and other people’s artworks. Link to Weekend Writing Warriors: http://www.wewriwa.com/ and read and connect with an excellent and diverse group of writers. Here’s my contribution for the week:

tumblr_mpjlc4jWTY1suwvhgo1_500 8062e1d9db3e37a5869b7dcb1c2dbe33 88578d8af9f0033b0cba7f6d850a58c4

rain5

bbb73623323f366c869e6a31956115f8 a4186980ab9de17ab98a9ac161167b7c

Link to Weekend Writing Warriors: http://www.wewriwa.com/

16 Comments

1. Tell me when it’s available to buy. This looks like an interesting relationship, not least because usually, it’s the girl who’s afraid and turned on.

Liked by 1 person

2. I love it. I feel the storm….<3

Liked by 1 person

3. Gem says:

Electricity sizzling in the air. Fantastic writing!

Liked by 1 person

4. Between the photography and the snippet, I’m mesmerized by your talent.

Liked by 1 person

5. What lovely language! I’m drawn in by the metaphor. So little else needs to be said. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. burnsmillie says:

Whoa! Way to grab attention and pull in the reader!

Liked by 1 person

7. Cara Bristol says:

Powerful hook. And I love the graphic presentation.

Liked by 1 person

8. Fascinating, pulls the reader right in and doesn’t let go. Great 8!

Liked by 1 person

9. That is incredible.

10. yhosby says:

Wow, that was very powerful, especially the last line.

Keep smiling,
    Yawatta

Liked by 1 person

11. Evelyn Jules says:

Whoa, that final line is just…whoa. I look so forward to reading your excerpts each week, Catherine! Well done! 🙂

12. evelynjules says:

I think my previous comment was eaten by the interwebs, so here goes again. Whoa. That final line was just…whoa. You have a gift, my dear. I look so forward to reading your excerpts each week. Well done! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

13. Gemma Parkes says:

Ooh, excellent! Love those sharp, short sentences!

14. Beautiful sentiment. Love it. 🙂

Leave a reply and let's open up a discussion.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s